Thursday, November 12, 2009

I know, I know...

I'm jumping on the blogging bandwagon. Like I need something else to distract me from studying... But I think this should be fun. Probably more so for me than for anyone else. For example, I had a really hard time coming up with the title of this blog. It was fun thinking of all of the things that could possibly describe me or my life. But it was very, very hard to decide on just one thing. And then I just thought to myself, "Life is beautiful." Perhaps you've seen that movie. It is truly incredible. Anyway, that phrase is very important to me, because I often forget the beauty of life. But it's there. I know it is. I see it in the smiling faces of people on campus. I see it in the mountains. Beauty can be found in almost everything if you just take the time to find it. Now, it's clear that the title is French, not English. Recently, I've had a very strong desire to learn French. I took German classes all through high school, and I loved it. I even planned on taking a German class next semester. But then I saw Les contes d'Hoffmann, a French opera, and since then, I've just felt a drive to learn French. I don't know why I feel the need to learn it. I just do. So I'm taking French 101 next semester, and I'm absolutely thrilled. Anyway, I really should study right now. Farewell, my friends.

1 comment: