Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgivin'

Today was my first Thanksgiving that I wasn't with my parents. I was becoming so excited about my plans that I didn't really get a grasp on that concept. Let me explain my schedule for this break, and then you might understand. I'm going to skip over the little details, or this post will get so bogged down and no-one will even want to read it. So break started yesterday, and Sarah, Hayley (a roommate,) and I went to Orem. Then we accidentally went to Alpine, and then we went back to Orem. Later, Sarah and I went to Ikea in Draper, and then we headed to Bountiful to go to the Maher's house. (Robin Maher is a former roommate of Sarah's, and her family lives in Bountiful. So, we were invited to stay with them for break!) Then this morning, Sarah drove me to Murray to go to the house of some friends that used to live in Omaha. Then I rode with them to Orem to have dinner with their family. After that, we drove back to Murray, Sarah came and picked me up, and then Sarah and I drove back to Bountiful. So I've spent a lot of Thanksgiving on the road. So that's the basics of what I've been doing. Anyway, I've been having so much fun. It was so neat to spend time with people I haven't seen for a long time and some people I've never even met before. It's been very strange not to have my parents around, but I'm so glad that I've had such great substitutes. (Though no-one can fill my parents shoes, cause they're awesome!) I've felt so welcome everywhere I've been, and it's just been great. So, because everyone has to be cliché on Thanksgiving, I'm going to say that I'm grateful for my parents and my family (including the "extended" family that I've spent time with recently.) The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment