Thursday, November 19, 2009

Round Two

Lots of stuff has been going on. Kind of. School is busier than ever; I have papers to write, studying to do, and worksheets/ general assignments galore. My goal for this week was to finish all of the assignments that are due after Thanksgiving so that I wouldn't have to do them during break. That didn't happen. Unfortunately, I'm just barely keeping up with the assignments that are due before Thanksgiving. It's not that I have so much work to do; I have nothing compared to Sarah's load. But other things have been happening. Let's flashback to mid-September, shall we? I was starting to settle into university life, and I discovered a couple of bumps on my right leg. They almost seemed like bug-bites. But they hurt. A lot. And they caused my entire leg to hurt. So I went to the urgent care at the Health Center. There was some poking, prodding, and cutting and then I almost passed out. After a few ibuprofen and two prescription antibiotics that could medicate a horse, I went on my way. I had to visit the doctor three times in under a week, and I was diagnosed with a Staph infection, also known as MRSA. It was pretty unpleasant. But after a couple of weeks, I could tell that the infection was leaving my body, and everything was okay again. Until late last week, that is. I found another bump, but this time it was on my left leg. It was much smaller than the previous two, thank goodness, and I visited the doctor on Tuesday. He took a culture and gave me a prescription for the previous antibiotics that I was on, and I'll be seeing him again tomorrow. The infection seems to be going away already, but now I'm fearful. If it came back once, what will stop it from coming back again? Also, the antibiotics make me so ill. However, I will be okay. I know that. I still worry, but I truly know that everything will work out. It always does in one way or another. So, although I feel I have a few things to complain about (and I do complain sometimes) I still think life is great. I still know that life has so much meaning. And I'm very grateful for that. I'm so grateful for life. Well, it's time to get back to the grind. My friends, adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment