Monday, April 16, 2012

A Transparent Eyeball?

"Life only avails, not the having lived. Power ceases in the instant of repose; it resides in the moment of transition from a past to a new state... This one fact the world hates, that the soul becomes." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm trying to live my life the best as I can. I'm making the most of every single day. Well, I'm working on making the most of every day. I'm trying to transition to a new state, like Emerson suggests. I want to be better tomorrow than I am today. I want to turn my weaknesses into strengths. I like who I am. A friend of mine recently told me that no-one should apologize for who they are. I agree with that, sort of. I know that I am who I am. But I also believe that I can and should change and get better so that I will one day be the best version of myself that I can be. I don't need to apologize for who I am, but I do need to realize that I can be a better me. Even if that just means smiling at someone in the store or holding the door open for someone or something else equally as small, I still feel like I become better, happier. And I suppose I just don't understand why someone would not want to be better and happier than they currently are. Life isn't perfect, folks. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something. It's messy and complicated and challenging. But that's okay. Life is a refining process. I'm grateful for the chances I have every day of my life to become better, stronger than I once was. Oh, the thinks you can think (when you really should be studying for finals.)

I know this post is long; forgive me. But it's just what I'm thinking about at the close of a very challenging but very strengthening semester. Life is good, my friends. Don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment