Tuesday, May 21, 2013

An Ideal World

I've had a lot on my mind recently: 
  • I just graduated from college, which is terrifying.
  • I'm unemployed, which is probably why being a graduate seems so terrifying.
  • It's been about a year since my cancer diagnosis.
  • It's going to be another five months before I find out if I need another round of radiation treatment or if I just need to keep waiting it out.
  • Unemployment is fun for a couple of weeks, but it gets tiring.
  • I've been living out of a suitcase for the last month, because I don't have my own residence yet, because I don't have a job. 
  • What am I going to eat for lunch?
  • How am I going to get to Arizona for my sister's wedding next month? (I'm contemplating walking. It's not that far from Provo to Mesa, right?)
  • Why does it seem like some people have everything going for them? They're attractive and smart, they take amazing (read: expensive) vacations, they get good jobs without even trying, and whatever else perfect people have. 
  • I'm broke. 
There's lots of other worries and nonsense floating around in my brain, but if I continue, I'm just going to get bitter or emotional or angry or something. So, for now, I'm just going to focus on the most immediate problem on that list: lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment